The Healthcare Data Institute is a Think Tank, a collaborative structure, dedicated to the transformation of the healthcare system through the scientific and economic use of health data for the benefit of healthcare system stakeholders, patients, and citizens.
Information & Publications
Members can share information, benefit from a monthly curation of the latest news related to Big Data and healthcare, and access publications of the Think Tank’s work, such as Healthcare Data Institute White Papers: 'Unlocking the full potential of data analytics for the benefit of all', 'Big Data & Prevention: from Prediction to Demonstration' , 'Blockchain for better care', "Social Networks and Healthcare : an issue for patient monitoring and scientific research" and "Valuing hospital health data for patients"
Once every 8 weeks, members of the Healthcare Data Institute are invited to a conference where a guest speaker shares his expertise on a topic related to Big Data and healthcare. The presentation is followed by a Q&A session and an open debate.
- February 9th, 2021 - Webconference : "Mental health in students: what does data tell us? What role can technology play in screening and prevention?" Pr. Christophe Tzourio, neurologist and epidemiology professor at the University of Bordeaux.
- March 23rd, 2021 - Webconference : "Synpase Medicine's Medication Shield: development, deployment and tracking of the platform designed for the pharmacovigilence of Covid-19 vaccines" Dr. Clément Goehrs, CEO at Synpase Medicine.
- October 9th, 2021 - Webconference : "Challenges of health data in times of pandemic with the example of the national EpiCov cohort" Dr Sylvain Durrleman, Member of the Management Board of the Institute of Public Health at Aviesan.
- October 19th, 2021 : "Sharing health data: the key to digitizing the health system" Franck Le Ouay, CEO at Lifen
- January 28, 2020 - Medical devices, the stakes for manufacturers - Lucille BLAISE (VP Western Europe - Resmed)
- April 8, 2020 - Webconference : “Coronavirus: an unprecedented circulation of epidemiological data. Analysis and perspective. " Dr Gilles Raguin, doctor, specialist in internal medicine and infectious diseases.
- April 14, 2020 - Webconference : "Covid-19: Avoid another lockdown. New technologies as the only valid response to the pandemic." Pr Antoine Flahaut, Professor of Public Health at the Medical School of the University of Geneva, and member of the Healthcare Data Institute.
- April 22, 2020 - Webconference : "Coronavirus: use cases of AI and data for a concrete response to the issues raised by this crisis." Christophe Dufour, Director of Innovation and Data, AstraZeneca France, and member of the Healthcare Data Institute.
- April 30, 2020 - Webconference : "Coronavirus and data processing: what regulations for the end of lockdown and the implementation of patient monitoring?" Caroline Henry, associate lawyer at Pons&Carrère and member of the Board of Directors of the Healthcare Data Institute.
- May 20th, 2020 - Webconference: "The european network I-MOVE: from the efficacy of the flu vaccine to the surveillance and research on COVID-19" Marta Valenciano, Director of the epidemiology department at Epiconcept and responsible for the I-MOVE proje
- September 16th, 2020 - Webconference: "Social media : a tool for medical research and public health?" Guy Fagherazzi, MSc, PhD, HDR, Department of population health, Luxembourg Institute of Health
- February 12, 2019 - AI & Health: what ethical regulation? what impact on the trades? - David GRUSON (Health program dir. of Jouve and Founder of Ethik-IA)
- April 16, 2019 - State structuring initiatives for AI and the health sector - Alain PLUQUET (VP - Merieux Institute)
- June 25, 2019 Reappropriation, sharing and valorisation of health data: the example of Embleema - Robert CHU (Founder - Embleema)
- February 14, 2018 - Big Data & Cancer : ESME and ConSoRe project - Pascale FLAMANT (Chief Delegate - Unicancer)
- April 12, 2018 - Drug Safety and Social Networks - Stéphane SCHÜCK (CEO - KapCode) et Caroline HENRY (Pons & Carrère)
- June 27, 2018 - AI: Beyond the buzz - Yann FLEUREAU (Cardiologs), Gilles WAINRIB (OWKIN) et Antoine JOMIER (Incepto Medical)
- September 20, 2018 - Innovation in distributed data management - implications for health care with Anastasia AILAMAKI (EPFL)
- December 12, 2018 - How to access health data in France ? with Dominique POLTON (INDS) and Stéphanie COMBES (Health Data Hub).
- December 13, 2017 - Accès simplifié aux données de santé : bilan 2 ans après la Loi Touraine - Charlotte HUTIN (Legal Affairs Director Medical Devices France - Ethicon)
- September 23, 2017 - New skills and jobs in Big Data - Deepak MAHTANI (Community Manager - Pivigo) & Alexandre TEMPLIER (CEO - Quinten)
- June 28, 2017 - Big data & adherence: feedback from a study on individual data - Claude LE PEN – (Professor of Economics Paris at Dauphine University & scientific advisor in Quintiles IMS)
- June 28, 2017 - April 19, 2017 - Rare diseases research: how has big data helped? - Christian DELEUZE (President - Sanofi Genzyme), Rémy CHOQUET (Director of innovation - Orange Healthcare), Nicolas GARCELON (Head of data science platform - Imagine Institute).
- February 1, 2017 - Blockchain for Better Care - Philippe DEWOST (Leading Investor for Future Program in Digital Economy – Caisse des Dépôts) & David MANSET (CSO - Almerys)
- December 9, 2016 - Augmented Intelligence & Predictive Analytics: Applications in Asthma Diagnostics & Bio-Manufacturing - Augustin HURET (Founder and CEO – MondoBrain)
- September 28, 2016 - Epidemiology & Big Data - Jean-Claude DESENCLOS (Santé Publique France / InVS)
- June 1, 2016 - Neurodegenerative Diseases, Alzheimer's Disease & Big Data - Jean-François MANGIN (Neurospin / CEA)
- April 6, 2016 - Metagenomics & The Microbiome - Jean-Michel BATTO (INRA)
- February 3, 2016 - Combining Genomics & Big Data for Pharmaceutical R&D - Laurent NAUDIN (IPSEN)
- October 2, 2015 - Legal Frameworks for Data Analysis & Associated Business Models - Fabian RADDATZ (NOERR LLP) and Delia RAHAL-LÖFSKOG (CNIL)
- July 1, 2015 - Big Data and Hospitals - Raphaël BEAUFRET (AP-HP)
- May 6, 2015 - The Potential Contribution of Big Data to the Evolution of Medicine in Oncology - François SIGAUX (INCa)
- March 4, 2015 - Data mining & Text mining - Charles HUOT (TEMIS)
- On March 9, 2016, the Healthcare Data Institute co-organizes the 'Hospital Health Data In Europe: New Perspective for Clinical Research & Innovation' Conference in partnership with AP-HP, Sanofi & i-HD
Members can take part in working groups, defined altogether and submitted to the Board of Directors.
For more information, go the the working group section.
Each year, around november, members meet the public around a presentation of the Think Tank’s work, keynote presentations and round tables.